Monday 29 November 2010

Albums of 2010: The Burbs

Next on the agenda is a band I'm actually seeing this week. I'm a little bit cautious to write this up like a creative review, it's been covered quite a lot recently due to the upcoming tour. I've read some great interviews with this Canadian 8 piece, they seem to come off better every time. Especially since they are what many consider the biggest indie band of the moment. An amazing feat for one of the only acts still with an 'independent' mentality.

I think that's as far as I'll probe with regards to defining them, it's all been said and done by all of the big online culture sights, I can't add any more praise. All i can say is if you don't own this album, shame on you.



Arcade Fire burst onto the scene in 2004 with their debut album, Funeral. Which of course went down as one of the best albums of the decade, with songs still being played on many an ipod. Wake Up! even inspiring the album title for the recent John Legend and The Roots collaboration. Although their live cover version does it very little justice... Balls theres me trying to 'Define' Arcade Fire again, it's far too easy to get carried away by them.

The third studio album is just phenomenal, epic songs, more instruments than you can shake a viola-bass at, beautiful harmony's. Not in an in your face way, it'll charm you and keep you coming back for more.

Right enough of me trying to sound like I know the first thing about music. These two ales i've just drunk have knocked my block off. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment