Tuesday 1 December 2009

Christmas Time, Camel Toe and Wine


Ok, so my first attempt to blog has been seen as ‘cute’. That’s fine with me, I guess. I set myself a few rules when I started, one of which was write about things I like, and not bitch. Other rules include:


Thou shalt not stop liking a band just because they’ve become popular.


Thou shalt not put musicians and recording artists on ridiculous pedestals no matter how great they are or were.


Thou shalt not worship Pop Idols or follow Lost Prophets.


Thou shalt remember that guns, bitches and bling were never part of the four elements, and never will be. (to be removed come thursday)



So please don’t judge this blog by Danny Glover



In case you don’t get what the hell I’m going on about, listen to the song/watch the video




Classic. Good news from the boys, Dan le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip are touring this march, I myself look forward to seeing them in KOKO on the 23rd.



It has also been pointed out that beastie boys should be spelt with capital letters. They’ll get their capitals when they stop making bloody instrumental albums. Seriously though, I hope Adam ‘MCA’ Yauch makes a full recovery. I grow my beard like a billy goat in your honour, MCA.


So the first of December has come aknockin’ and I can officially begin to feel festive. I can start opening my eyes when the Coca-Cola advert comes on. I can stop changing the radio when Christmas songs are playing and I can finally let that midget out of my kitchen cupboard, he’s got work to do.



To kick off the festive cheer we’ll have a listen to a song I actually bought recently (shocking I know). It’s bluegrass, country and folking great! Sorry.





I look forward to blogging about the rest of the album soon. Mumford & Sons have only been around for a mere 2 years, this being their first studio album produced by the same guy who produced the Maccabees last album. This single, Winter Wind, is due out soon. Please people, lets make something like this number one this Christmas, not the pile of wank x factor constantly discharges.

They are also touring in March… I’m starting to see a pattern. March could be expensive

No comments:

Post a Comment