Thursday 14 January 2010

Thursday Curry Club Presents; Track of the week!!



I’ve started to have a dislike for Thursdays ever since I tried to better myself with lack of alcohol. Health and mental wellbeing are overrated.

I figure I jazz it up a little by making it a day of celebration, let me introduce you to my track of the week feature! This will be an annual assault on the mainstream, expect drama and longwinded acceptance speeches. Not really, expect a choice you question.

The track of the week isn’t necessarily going to be the biggest of the moment, its going to be a personal thing, perhaps new or maybe old. It’s just going to be something I’ve been listening to a lot throughout the week, a song that has really grown on me or one I’ve found instantly likeable. Anyways I’m going on a bit, all I’m saying is enjoy.

This weeks track comes from hot new band Delphic, their new album ‘Acolyte’ was released on Monday and has had a lot of the airtime on my iPod. A couple of the songs on the album could have made it this week, including the Riton rerub of the single ‘Doubt’. However one track stood out above the rest, I think I like it because it reminds me of several artists, from the more obvious Jack Peñate and Friendly Fires to something a bit 90s dance. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do

Delphic - Halcyon

No comments:

Post a Comment